The doctor-patient relationship is unique and confidential and we make every effort to keep it that way. We strive to meet our commitment to patients by maintaining high standards for medical care. Our staff is highly motivated and trained to assist in the delivery of excellent service.
Health Care in One Building
Many of our specialists are located in this building including cardiology, pulmonology, podiatry, endocrinology, etc. For those with orders from other physicians we have a satellite lab. We also have nearby radiology services that include x-ray, mammography, ultrasound, and MRI. If you need further evaluation, you are often able to stay under one roof. Otherwise we are closely connected with nearby Mount Auburn Hospital for other follow-up needs.
Sarah Saalfield, APRN is also certified to perform U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) physical examinations for clearance of all commercial drivers. D.O.T. medical certificates are valid for 24 months.
Reservoir Medical Associates is a Patient-Centered Medical Home(PCMH)
A PCMH is not a home or building. It is a team approach to providing comprehensive health care in a high-quality, cost-effective manner. You are the most important member of this health care team and caring for YOU is the most important job of the medical home.
Doctors, medical assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, nurse case managers and health coaches may all be a part of your health care team. We will work as a team to care for you when you are sick and ensure you get the care and services that are right for you. If you are healthy, our goal is to help you maintain your health and work on your personal challenges such as maintaining a healthy weight or quitting smoking.
How Our Medical Home Can Work for You
We are primary care doctors who are backed by teams, a network of specialists and modern technology.
What Your Team will do for YOU:
- Get to know you and your family
- Provide a friendly, safe atmosphere for your care
- Address most of your needs in our office
- Give you time to ask questions
- Provide up to date, scientifically valid care
- Focus on prevention and staying healthy
- Coordinate your health care with specialists
- Securely maintain your electronic medical record
- Provide web-based patient portal to view your health information
What YOU can do for your Team:
- Talk openly with your team
- Ask your questions!
- Learn about caring for yourself and your medical conditions
- Do your best to follow your plan of care
- Share your experience (both good and bad) with us so we can continue to serve you better
Before your appointment, use this checklist:
- Make a list of health questions
- Make a list of past and present health care providers
- Collect all medications in their original containers to bring to the visit
- Take insurance card to the appointment
- If you choose, ask a family member or trusted friend to attend the appointment with you
During your appointment, use this checklist:
- Make sure you cover all of your questions
- Ask for any needed medication refills
- Discuss what health issues to work on first
- Understand what needs to be done before leaving our office
- Schedule follow-up appointments
- Arrange any necessary tests
- Write down the names of your care providers